Monday 26 May 2014

The journey back



The clouds felt my emotion with perfect pathetic fallacy as I prepared to leave Koh Rong. Claps of thunder echoed in our ears and the horizon was spiked with lightening as dark clouds gathered, ready to pour but only letting out tentative drops. It was me that was pouring as I sat on the boat waiting to leave, unable to look at the smiling faces waving me goodbye, the people I will miss so much. 

Then slowly, as I made my way across the water and the sun appeared from behind the clouds, I turned my attention away from sad thoughts of leaving and onto new plans for the future. So many ideas rolling around in my head about what I want to do. I want to do it all, see everywhere, do everything. Yet, when I find that special place, I want to stay forever.  In a way, part of me will stay on Koh Rong forever.  An essence of Glastonbury infused into the buildings, bars and food… A lingering splash of pink... and in return this small island has been permanently etched onto my heart. 

For the moment my journey has landed me back in England, for how long for I don't know. Already I'm working on a business plan that will get me back out to Cambodia so watch this space, fundraising coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment