Thursday 6 December 2012

Pushkar

From hills to desert, Pushkar has a similar vibe to Rishikesh, being another holy town and tourist trap but instead of mountains and waterfalls there is desert and camels!
It can be worth going there purely for the shopping as the bazaar has so many beautiful things I wanted to shop every day but my favourite thing has got to be the camel safari.
Setting of from the camel fair where hundred of camels were being bought sold and traded, we headed off into the brilliant red sunset watching the beautiful Rajasthani countryside from the back of a camel.
We then stayed the night at a farm house where I was invited to watch how the women cooked, rolled my own Chapatti and played games with the children.
It was in Pushkar that I decided I would try buying stuff in India to sell back in England so ended up spending a good chunck of my savings on things to send home. Just have to hope now that I selected the right things and that what I bought will sell.

No comments:

Post a Comment